Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mother's Day

Our first Mother's Day
Grandma and Grandpa Mayne and the twins (yes, Landon is crying because Tanner left him)
Grandma and Grandpa Wing and the twins
My guys



We had a wonderful Mother's Day. On Saturday night Tanner and I went out for a date night to dinner, a movie (we saw The Backup Plan, I loved the ending :) and to ToysRus. I know it's weird to go on a date to ToysRus but we didn't think we'd have a chance to go again before their birthday so we went and boy did we have fun. They have so many cool toys for kids these days. On Sunday we had a leisurely morning and then went to Boise with our parents and Tanner's Grandparents to the Texas Roadhouse for lunch. I don't know why but we have been going there on Mother's Day for the past 3 years and always have a great time and good food. The kids were great and loved the food. Boy can they pack it away they ate rolls, potato skins, chicken strips, french fries, sweet potatoes, baked potatoes, applesauce and Sienna even experimented and was successful at drinking out of a straw. Landon had a great time flirting with the little girl at the table next to us. After lunch we went to Fred Meyer to get some flowers for outside and had to stop by their bakery for a fruit tart. They have the best fruit tarts and even mini ones for the kids. We all enjoyed them. So we had a great day.

1 comment:

Howells Fam said...

I'm glad to hear you had a great Mother's Day. I'm not hearing anything about paper flowers, so that must be a good sign... :) Just kidding Tanner! Can't wait to work with you again. I'm supposed to work with you my last night before D-day!